Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Basketball.

so... I don't get basketball. I love to play it (not with real people) and I enjoy watching it. But I don't understand it!

Here are the rules I know:

• Stop when the whistle blows
• You can't dribble after you've held the ball-- you have to throw the ball
• Because of aforementioned rule, don't pick up the ball (I can't throw)
• You can only have the ball for a few seconds in the 'key'
• There's a thingy called a 'key' even though it looks like a box
• You get a free throw when somebody pushes you down
• If the ball is coming toward you DO NOT close your eyes while you catch it
• Despite what some people think, it IS possible to catch the ball with your eyes closed!
• The hoop is like a million feet off the ground, so it is a good idea to jump when you shoot
• If you wrestle for the ball, the refs call a 'jump ball' even though nobody jumps
• You can only take 2 steps and pivot-- you have to dribble if you want to run
• Stay ready because every once in a while the really loud beep thing goes off and you don't want to drop the ball

So... this is what I know about basketball... Pretty awesome, right?

xoxo katie

2 comments:

  1. haha katie that was funny. :) you got a lot of rules right though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't judge. I ROCK at basketball!

    ReplyDelete